CBS/BHMT Assist (HomCyst)Order Code: SCBA
CBS/BHMT Assist (HomCyst) is specially formulated for those who need support for CBS & BHMT enzymatic activity, which are involved in the processing of homocysteine & methionine, methylation & sulfur metabolism.
- Maintaining normal homocysteine levels is important, as a myriad of chronic health conditions including cardiovascular disease are associated with its elevation.
- Methionine is needed to produce our body’s primary methyl donor, SAMe which is important in many biological processes such as neurotransmitter production & histamine metabolism.
- Genetic polymorphisms and epigenetic factors can cause these enzymes to function improperly, leading to high homocysteine and low SAMe.
- Features nutrients to support the above processes; acetyl-L-carnitine, lecithin (phosphatidylserine & phosphatidylcholine), yucca and betaine (TMG).
- This product may be appropriate for those with impaired trans-sulfuration pathways, reflected by low glutathione, high homocysteine as well as a multitude of symptoms that reflect impairment in sulfation and methylation.