CBS/ BHMT Assist II HPO/THY (HCY Assist II)Order Code: SCBHT
CBS/BHMT Assist II (HCY Assist II) is specially formulated for those with low functioning thyroid who need support for CBS & BHMT enzymatic activity, which are involved in the processing of homocysteine & methionine, methylation & sulfur metabolism.
- Maintaining normal homocysteine levels is important, as a myriad of chronic health conditions including cardiovascular disease are associated with its elevation.
- Methionine is needed to produce our body’s primary methyl donor, SAMe which is important in many biological processes such as neurotransmitter production & histamine metabolism.
- Genetic polymorphisms and epigenetic factors can cause these enzymes to function improperly, leading to high homocysteine and low SAMe.
- Features nutrients to support the above processes; organic Thorvin® kelp, lecithin (sunflower), phosphatidylserine (as SmartPS®), phosphatidylcholine, yucca, and betaine (as NuBetaine®).
- This product may be appropriate for those with impaired trans-sulfuration pathways, which may be reflected by low glutathione, high homocysteine as well as a multitude of symptoms that reflect impairment in sulfation and methylation.